I was listening to the ticket the other morning and they started talking about the movie scenes that stick with you. This got me to thinking and so I figured I would throw a few out there. Feel free to let me know of any that always stay with you (but since only about 2 people read my blog and one of them is my old lady I am not expecting an extensive comment list. anyway, here we go - my top five in no particular order:
1. The scene in Shawshank when he crawls through that sewer line of absolute filth and then bust out into the creek...something about that scene. This is probably the most memorable scene from my favorite movie of all time so I have to have it on my list.
2. The scene in Rocky IV right before he fights the Russian...I am always so pumped up at this point I feel like I can bring the pain to anyone, then I look at my muscles and quickly fall back to earth.
3. The scene in Gladiator when he sees his home and family burned
4. The scene in seven when that guy is in the whore house after being forced to wear that device...I dont know what else to say about that one.
and the w for me is:
5. The scene in Saw when that little clown guy/doll rolls into that room. That scares the absolute crap out of me, I start turning on lights and trying to tell jokes to myself in my head. It is messing now just writing about it.
A Wrap on May...
2 weeks ago
3 comments:
For me it's the scene in Lonesome Dove when Deets tries to help that little Indian boy and then gets killed by another Indian. Sad moment. And I've hated Indians ever since.
Are you f-ing Siskel and Ebert? Why all the artsy films in that list?
My moment....After attending the event with friends, Andy was forced to bite the bullet for Jay. Jay's girlfriend found evidence of the event in his pocket and became irate. Andy manned up, saying the evidence was his...
The exchange went something like this...
Jill: Are you Andy?
Andy: Uhh, yeah.
Jill: Is this yours? Did you write this stuff?
Jay: My girlfriend Jill found your speed dating card..
Andy: Oh-h-h, yeah, right. God, I've been looking for that speed dating card; thank you so much for bringing it to me.
Jill: So you actually wrote that one girl looked like she was "hurtin' for a squirtin'"?
Andy: Umm, yeah, "hurtin' for a squirtin'". Yeah, I wrote that.
Jill: Oh, so you wrote, "ho fo' sho'"?
Andy: Yeah, I remember that girl, she was a ho... for show.
Jill: You are never gonna meet anyone with that kind of mentality about women, you sick son of a bitch!
Andy: Who the--Who the fuck are you to put me on trial? I've never even met you. So why don't you back the shit off, all right, and stop with the inquisition?
Jill: That's how you talk?
Andy: You know what I don't have to answer to you, you ain't my bitch. Know what I sayin'? So, shit, man, fuck it!
Jill: You shouldn't even be hanging out with this pervert.
Jay: I don't hang out with him! I work with him, and that's it! I tried to introduce him to a few nice people, he made a fool of himself, I don't mess with him baby. That's not me.
Andy: You should keep your ho on a leash.
Jay: Oh, bro I can't let you talk. I can't let you be talking to my woman that way, dawg.
Andy: Hey, hey, hey, bitches is runnin' wild, man.
The movie...FYI....40 Year Old Virgin.
Post a Comment